Our Spring Doc-in-a-Day weekend was June 3rd & 4th, 2017. Stay Tuned for our Fall Weekend Dates.
Twice a year, 5 teams of filmmakers spend the weekend producing 5 documentaries for DC area nonprofits. These films are invaluable to the organizations, enabling them to apply for grants and to tell their stories in a clear and concise way. You can watch them here.
Want to get involved? Of course you do! Here’s how:
We are seeking filmmakers to participate in our bi-annual Doc-in-a-Day this fall. Are you a local D.C. filmmaker? Would you like to make a meaningful contribution in the form of a video for a local nonprofit or community organization? If so, we would love to have you participate.
We are seeking talented D.C. filmmakers to team with other like-minded filmmakers to shoot, edit & submit a 3-5 minute pro bono video for a local nonprofit organization…in just 48 hours.
Here’s how it works:
1. Apply to participate through our online filmmaker form.
2. If accepted, we will pair you with like-minded and skilled D.C. filmmakers and assign your team to a local nonprofit.
3. Your team will coordinate with that nonprofit to shoot, edit, & submit a pro bono video that the nonprofit can use to promote their cause or mission.
4. Your team must shoot, edit & submit the video within 48 hours, beginning Friday, June 2nd
5. The completed videos will be presented to a live audience at a special screening, Thursday, June 8th from 7pm-9pm.
6. A panel of judges will select the best video from the winning team.
7. The winners are rewarded with cash & prizes!
We are seeking nonprofit partners to participate in our bi-annual Doc-in-a-Day. Does your organization need a marketing, fundraising, educational or promotional video to showcase all the great things you’re doing? Do you have a meaningful event or activity happening the weekend of June 3rd? Are you interested in working with some of our talented Stone Soup Films volunteer filmmakers? If so, we would love to have your organization participate.
- Must be a D.C. nonprofit or community organization that is doing work that impacts the people of DC.
- Have a special event or significant activity occurring on Saturday, June 3rd or early AM on Sunday the 4th.
- Be open and willing to work with filmmakers to create a video showcasing your organization.
If you would like to get involved in our Spring 2017 Doc-in-a-Day, please sign up!
Thank you to our sponsors! Doc-in-a-Day is funded in part by the DC Commission on the Arts & Humanities, an agency supported in part by the National Endowment for the Arts.